Skip to main content

A little about Me and My Career Prospects


PAYAL MAHANTA

Hello! My name is Payal and I was born in Odisha state, India to a loving family. Right from my birth I had travelled various states in India due to transferrable nature of my father's job. So I love travelling and exploring new places, people and culture.

Being a biology student I had always felt the connection to nature and plants and always had a keen desire to understand their function and relationship with us to the depth.  I grew up aspiring to become a good Researcher and Scientist. With time my interests developed and I chose to pursue this profession as my career. Unlike many of the professionals in the sector, my passion came not from the security of great career prospects but from an earnest desire to help less privileged individuals and farmers across my country as well as the globe. 

Through my graduation in B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture journey I was exposed to various fields and lives of people dependent on this sector during my RAWE Internship. 

So I had made up my mind to acquire that knowledge through higher education. Further I plan to do my PhD and upscale my skills so that I can become a good researcher and scientist and have a positive impact on the lives of the needy, our society and our mother nature.

How I reached where I am now

I completed my high school with 10.0 CGPA and Senior School with 91%. Then I joined B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture UG Course from College of Agriculture, Indore by giving state entrance exam MP PAT 2016 by securing rank 654 and graduated in September 2020 obtaining FIRST with DISTINCTION Division and 8.078 OGPA. 

Now waiting for my M.Sc. Entrance results and eager to start my new journey!

My next steps

I aspire to “build a career in Research and Development". My interest lies in Genetics, Plant Breeding, Cell and Molecular biology. So I’m hoping to go far. And my loved ones have been helping and supporting me.

I want to be relevant to my generation and to be able to discover and provide solutions for issues that are of greater concern.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Future of Molecular Biology

  THE FUTURE OF MOLECULAR BIOLOGY Introduction : Molecular biology is the branch of biology dealing with the understanding of the molecular basis of biological activities in and among cells. It includes molecular pathways, interactions, Mechanisms of action, synthesis, and modification of biological molecules. Looking back, this field, originally came up to test the hypotheses on the mechanism of Genetic Inheritance and the structure of genes. The dominance of molecular biology began some seven decades ago with the discovery of the structure of DNA (1953, Watson and Crick with the help of crystallographic data of Rosalind Franklin). It jump-started Research into molecular biology. Today the field has rapidly developed with the introduction of omics studies such as genomics, proteomics, and metabolomics to the next level of study and analysis. In the journey of growth of the Molecular biology field from the discovery of DNA to DNA Editing Technology, there has been a lot of effort put i

RAWE Internship 2019-20

RURAL AGRICULTURAL WORK EXPERIENCE In India, Randhawa Committee (1992) recommended the RAWE Programme for imparting quality, practical and productive oriented education for the agriculture degree programme. In fact experiential learning is exactly what the name implies learning from work experience. Effective work experience training strategies incorporating rural agricultural experiential learning approaches provide opportunities for a student of the last year to engage in field work activity, to review and analyze critically this work experience activity and to draw some useful conclusions, decisions, from this analysis and apply the result in actual practical life and field situation. It (Rural Agricultural Work Experience) is a programme for impairing quality, production and practical oriented education for agriculture degree.  Allotted village- Hatyadeli,  District- Jhabua, Madhya Pradesh It helped us to know the real issue of farmer and small trials of suggestion to them which on